Monday, June 6, 2011

HKG099: Electronic Addiction

ya wanna know why there are so few pics these last few days? it's because livie and i are both addicted to a game on my phone. since the game wears the battery down and i use my phone camera to take pics, it just hasn't been possible to get many pics since the addiction began about 36 hours ago.

between my nook and my phone, i am developing an electronic addiction. this is odd for me. i've never been a gadget girl...always enjoyed the look, weight, smell, and feel of books...and collecting them by the 100s....and i've never been into video games. i am terrible at them and just really don't enjoy them. until now. i have plowed through just under 20 books on my nook and have read only 5 or 6 "real" books since we moved. i also have become addicted to freecell, spider solitaire, and this bubble drop game that was free to download onto my new galaxy mini. we are in the house for pretty limited amounts of time usually...we are typically out at the playgrounds, pool, or having some sort of adventure. this is a good thing...or my electronic addiction could be really bad. now i have to go take the phone from livie so she does something besides play it all morning.

la fu rifling through my shopping bag holder. i didn't get a super great picture...it took me too long to get the camera ready. when i first noticed what he was doing, his face and one paw were about 3/4 into that tiny red bag!

q playing trains and refusing to look at me so that i can get his picture!

the bug looking so stinkin' cute before school today


la fu and the kids playing together


livie found a new way to play with her baby brother. q is once again super duper tired because he is once again waking up at the ass crack of dawn. this is why he is so compliant...just laying on the hannah montanna blanket and letting his sister drag him up and down the hall.

4 comments:

  1. You should (or shouldn't) download Angry Birds. My oldest son and I share the addiction. :) And I'm loving my Nook! I'll probably still buy paper copies, but I love being able to downl the classics that I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, josh has the angry birds game on his iphone, and livie's addicted to that game, too :-) glad to hear you are enjoying your nook! btw, i am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you get games on your Nook? I have some on my Kindle and it does not help my Kindle addiction not to mention I keep getting freebies...I have like over 80 books on it and 3 or 4 games. Just imagine what the future technology will be like! o.0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a video VERY similar to the one here of livie pulling Q on the blanket. Mine was my oldest and 2nd son, Ian. In our case it ended badly (and I have it on video, it makes me cringe) when my oldest misjudged a doorway and smacked his brother's head into the corner of a doorway!

    Yours had a much happier ending thank goodness. LOL

    ReplyDelete