Monday, April 25, 2011

HKG057: Hypothermia


today was a nice, slow, easy day. we just putzed around until late morning when josh took the kiddos down to the pool. he was back in about 45 minutes with two blue, shivering kiddos. he mentioned to me that he thought we needed to get a wet suit for quinn. i laughed. he didn't. he said "i'm serious!" after spending about 30 minutes trying to warm up the quinnsicle, i agreed. mr. muscle...mr. always-running-2-degrees-hotter-than-everyone-else...yeah, he doesn't do cold. at all. it took 3 blankets, body heat, and hot chocolate to get his face to stop looking blue and for his teeth to stop chattering.

other than the experiment in hypothermia, today's been a day of setup and catchup. i had to break down and take laundry down the hill. thor is ailing, and he keeps quitting mid cycle and just sitting there until we give up and turn him off. i plan to contact the landlord this week to see about some CPR for him. josh went on an electronics binge today (one of necessity)...got me some RAM for my pokey laptop, a new smart phone, and a printer. good times. livie and i got out for some girl-time...shopping for shoes for her flamenco class. it was a bust; the store recommended to us did not have kids' shoes, but we had fun looking around the mall and just being together.

in other news, i have landed some work that i am THOROUGHLY enjoying. the lovely lady that adopted my sweet baby kitty is taking her animal shelter to the next level by forming a 501(c)(3) organization. i am building a web site for her and drawing up some plans for how to help her raise the funds to get her 501(c)(3) off the ground. this is work i enjoy for a cause i wholeheartedly believe in, and it's all for someone whose kindness has touched me in a huge way. without this caring woman, my baby kitty would no longer be on this earth leaving furry little footprints on people's hearts.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you did website designing too! That's awesome! Congratulations on the new gig. :) It's my enjoyment as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nancy, i dabble. i don't have the mad skills you have. i don't do any flash development. i know just enough HTML and javascript to be slightly dangerous, and i take on only small and simple projects. the woman that adopted baby kitty had purchased the domain name she wanted, but the web development fell through. i figured that for all she's done for me, the LEAST i could do is set up a web site for her. know what i mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no mad skills, I just love to do it :P I'm sure you'll do great but if you do need any help, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if she needs any legal help with setting up the 501(c)(3)or with the fundraising. It's not my area of expertise, but I'd be happy to look into it if she has questions.

    ReplyDelete