Monday, April 11, 2011

HKG044: Monkey Monday

demonstrating her mad monkey bar skills

today's self portrait

this is my notice to collect my mail. notice that it is addressed to "lovi" rather than to "lori!"

today was relatively low key. the morning was taken up with relaxing stuff like lounging around in our jammies and talking to friends and family on skype. just before lunch, we headed off to the post office. this was somewhat of an adventure simply because of the language barrier and also because i did not have proper ID with me (either hong kong ID or passport). the clerk who helped me took pity on me and let me pick up my package without ID.

the afternoon was tumultuous due to a nap strike, but rounding out the day with a couple hours of playtime on the playground with new friends made everything better!

for dinner tonight, we went texas style! i made chicken fried pork chops with home-made cream gravy. we paired this with sauteed green beans and bacon and a nice crusty loaf of bread we got from the italian deli the other day. yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment