Monday, April 18, 2011

HKG051: Koftas

dear taz, i wudju. this is quinn speak for i love you.

taz, my dear friend in austin, sent me a recipe for koftas. i made it last night for a special dinner we shared with new friends (our first time to have ANYONE except delivery people or apartment staff over to the apartment). it was delicious. my lord. SCRUMPTIOUS. we had a great time getting to know our new friends while we gnoshed on this yummy dinner.

this is a big bowl of koftas and gravy from this website...makes you drool all over your keyboard, doesn't it. mmmmmmmmm! we have some leftover, and we will be having them with pitas tonight (can't find naan here...not even at the indian grocery i recently did some online shopping at).

other than this amazing highlight at the end of our day, our monday was pretty quiet. we did spend some time trying to get maintenance folks to see about the a/c unit that caught fire on sunday. it's rather funny to watch the facial expressions as a person processes the word "fire" even when there's a language barrier. once i got myself understood, we had someone ready to help us in less than five minutes. unfortunately, they walked in, took one look at the black smoke stains on the unit, and told us "call your landlord." we have been very lucky to have a quick response from the landlord. a repair person is coming out this afternoon. it's very likely that the unit will have to be replaced.

4 comments:

  1. ooooh that does look good! did you end up frying the koftas or letting it cook in the gravy? either way, yum isn't it?! I'll be trying my hand at some cajun this week. mostly out of boxes. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm, taz! this recipe produced a divine dinner. i cooked the meatballs in the gravy. we ate the rest of it today, and it is one of those dishes that just gets even better after a day in the fridge! i can't wait to hear about the cajun food experiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my sweet daughter, This post is dated April 19th! I know your dad is 'loosing-it' yet even my brain says it is now May 14th yet this message hit my in-box yesterday? Ah, I get it, you just wanted to check on your dad's reflexes and cognitive ability huh? How sweet! ;-)

    Your dad Loves you much, especially when I can remember your name!

    I am naughty are I not?

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha...that's blogger sending out links again after some downtime on the site the other day...it's not your memory. this time. hee hee!

    miss yer face! love yer face!

    ReplyDelete