Monday, October 24, 2011

HKG238: Addictions


today was a pretty slow day with the kids... gymnastics class, school, gymnastics class, store, park, home, playground, done. it was a good day, just not a super exciting one.

what's exciting to me today? my new addiction to angry birds. it's bad. it's very, very bad. i had not played this game until last week when i downloaded it onto my nook for our trip to beijing. actually, i didn't even play it then...the kids had the nook during our trip, so i actually didn't start playing the game until a few days ago. wow. i am REALLY bad at video games, and this one is no exception, but i am addicted nonetheless.

my other addiction right now is seaweed. really. seaweed. i am trying a low carb diet right now, and i needed another alternative for the typical snack. i have been loosely following the diabetic diet i was on at the end of my pregnancy with quinn, and i remember that my snacks were typically nuts, cheese, fresh raw veggies, nutbutter, olives, or small amounts of fruit. i also remember craving salty, chip-like snacks, and that's what the seaweed replaces for me now. it is delicious...if i am not careful about portioning out a serving, i can easily eat an entire package. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment