Monday, May 23, 2011

HKG084: Cog...Not the Kind in a Gear

hotel la fu...this is his new soft-sided kitty carrier...the one he spent a good two hours in today between getting to the vet, waiting our turn at the vet, and then traipsing all over wanchai trying to find a taxi home. la fu is a very, very patient kitty.

la fu is a cog...a cat dog. he comes when you call him. he fetches (but does not return whatever he fetched), greets new people enthusiastically, and chews...on everything. we got him a pack of rawhide this weekend. he loves it.

in other la fu news, he landed himself back at the SPCA vet today. his kitty flu is back with a vengeance. he's on a new course of antibiotics...two of them actually, is being subjected to breathing treatments (ask me how well that went), and has a date to see the doc again next week. i just want my fur baby to feel well. he sounds horrible...much worse than yesterday.

hangin' out at the SPCA vet office was actually quite fun...it was fun to watch all the dogs and cats that were there; there was a big smooshy-faced puffball cat just sitting calmly in a bag...an open bag. after watching him and his parents for a bit, it became apparent that he was quite ill...i imagine that this is why he was so quiet. the kids mostly behaved while we were there, but there were a few times i wanted to request tranquilizers for them...not la fu :-)

i spent much of this evening hunting down the nebulizer i need to treat la fu. i managed to find what i needed and not get too terribly lost...i think i might finally be getting my bearings here!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my daughter! What a joy it is to read about your adventures, please tell me you avoided the temptation of inflicting pain on my grandchildren at least ONCE today, it will be a great comfort to me... ;-)

    Love,
    dad

    P.S. Sookie was shipped to hong Kong today in the smallest container I could find... just kidding, tempted, but just kidding. Love-hate, how does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh...sookie cookie's up to her old tricks, eh? i miss that crazy dog! i promise i did not harm your grandchildren. i only THOUGHT about tranquilizing them ;-p miss yer face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, had to come back to this one to say... RAWHIDES for a cat!? Seriously this is a cog! I need to catch up but I'm desperately hoping to read that la fu is feeling better.

    I've read a few since this one and don't remember if I read an update. I'm looking!

    P.S. I have a Sookie that I can send too. She's "supposed" to be a pug aka "dog" but she acts like an elusive cat. Your la fu seems more like a dog than my sookie!

    ReplyDelete