Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Food Policy

i like to eat. i am an adventurous eater. i will eat anything that's not nailed down...for the most part. my food policy has always been this : don't tell me what it is, and if it's not looking at me or trying to get away from me, i will eat it.

i think i might need to revise my food policy in 1 week (gasp!). i can mostly trust the FDA (bawahahahaha...did i really just say that i trust the FDA?!?!), but the FDA isn't coming with me to china. from what josh has told me, buying/eating meat is a whole different ball game in china than it is here. apparently, you meet your meat while it's alive, name it, watch it be murdered and prepared, wait for it to be cooked, and then (gulp) eat it. hmmmm. i think my omnivorous status JUST changed to herbivore....maybe pescatarian depending on what i find out about the pollution in the area. i think i will be eating a LOT of rice. mmmmmm, rice! good thing i like it ;-p

in case you were wondering, YES i am bringing my own spices. i will be packing my foodcase to the brim with them. watch me. i WILL make sure there is tex mex in china...at least at my house ;-p okay, so it might be tex mex minus the cheese, sour cream, and salsa....

2 comments:

  1. I see a care package in your future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I buy fish at the asian markets I can buy fresh fish (the pick it and watch it die thing). It was a bit weird at first and I still usually walk away while they prepare it but you do get "use" to it. It's suppose to ensure the customer that it's fresh. Can't wait to hear about your grocery shopping adventures!

    ReplyDelete